Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/lynchcha/public_html/components/com_k2/views/itemlist/view.html.php on line 73
Central Virginia Industries Council, LLC (CVIC) is the newest programming division of the Lynchburg Regional Chamber of Commerce providing valuable benefits to the manufacturers in our region. A board of advisors comprised of the region's top manufacturers ensures that programming and offerings meet the needs of you, the manufacturer, and your employees.
CVI is a manufacturing & industry council providing members with resources, training and legislative advocacy.
To be a primary resource for manufacturing and industry in Central VA.
Provide high quality information, resources, training & services to meet the needs of the manufacturing and industrial community in Central VA.
Program of Work
• Quarterly Roundtable Breakfasts featuring networking for the manufacturer and discussions on key issues impacting your business.
• Comprehensive Annual Wage/Benefit Survey comparing compensation for regional companies.
• Confidential legal HR consultations
• Access to regional labor study and forecasting
• Discounts for Training & Certifications through partnership with Virginia Manufacturers Association to include: Industry developed Training & Assessment through Virginia Council on Advanced Technology Skills (VCATS) targeting middle skill professions including but not limited to Manufacturing Specialist; Manufacturing Technician 1; World Class Manufacturing Practitioner; World Class Manufacturing Specialist; World Class Manufacturing Assessor; Contractor Safety; and, Industrial Energy Auditor. View here to learn more.
Workforce Development Classes are currently availabe through Central Virginia Community College System partnership. CVCC is able to provide each company one free seat in its choice of selected classes. View here to learn more.
For more information about Central Virginia Industries Council, LLC contact Mike Lewis, CVIC Liaison, (434) 845-5966.
EXCLUSIVE NEW RESOURCE FOR CVIC MEMBERS!
To help our members gain more control over the cost of providing healthcare benefits to your employees Central Virginia Industries Council and Centra Medical Group are partnering to create the CVIC Care Center, offering urgent care and other health care services exclusively to CVIC members.
We will offer an Information Session on three different dates, where all your questions about the CVIC Care Center (and how you can benefit from it) will be answered - see below for the schedule:
DATE & TIME:
March 6, 13, and 27
7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
LOCATION: Centra Alan B. Pearson Regional Cancer Center,
Conference Room, 1701 Thomson Drive, Lynchburg
ACCESS: CVIC Care Center will be located in the new Centra Medical Group multi-specialty office on Nationwide Drive.
Additional services will include:
- Primary care and specialty-care referrals
- Lab and digital X-ray services
- Preventive care, screening and testing
There is no cost to attend; however, if you and your guests would like to attend, please confirm attendance by Monday prior to one of the scheduled session by calling (434) 845-5966 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Central Virginia Industries will also be offering quarterly luncheon seminars. More information will be available soon.
2nd quarter: "Career Readiness Certification" co-sponsored by CVCC
3rd quarter : Labor Law
4th quarter: "Operational Excellence" co-sponsored by ASQ, lead organizer Jeff Thompson/Fleet Laboratories