"It used to be you go to school, you get a job, you climb the corporate ladder, you retire, then you die. It's just not that way any more."
- Laura Lefkowits, Vice President for Policy and Planning Services for Mid-continent Research for Education and Learning (McREL)
- We offer exclusive discounts on training and assessment with our partnership through the Virginia Manufacturers Association. View Manufacturing Overview and New Benefits.
- We are active in the strategic planning of the Region 2000 Workforce Investment Board.
- We are emphasizing relationships with Central Virginia Community College to ensure that its Center for Business, Industry and Government is responsive to the needs of local businesses.
- We have strong relationships with the Virginia Employment Commission to provide our members with ready access to the latest employment statistics and demographic data.
- The Lynchburg Regional Chamber has direct access to the regional economic development organization that serves seven Central Virginia jurisdictions that is known as Region 2000 Economic Development Partnership.
- The Chamber also partners with other organizations such as the Lynchburg City Schools’ Partners in Education program and the Region 2000 Area Network for Employment (RANE).
- The Chamber supports and promotes the Young Professionals of Central VA in their efforts to attract and retain young talent in the region.
These are only a few of the many workforce development organizations the Chamber actively supports and participates in. The Chamber is proud of its commitment to improving the business climate by focusing on a resource that no business can live without - a first-rate regional labor force.